This guide will present a step by step tutorial on how to install Concrete5 on OpenShift, the only skill you’ll need during the tutorial is your ability to use a web browser.
- A free OpenShift account, just go to OpenShift website and register using your email, no credit card is required.
- After registering; go to OpenShift home page and click on the “MY APPS” on the top of the screen.
- You’ll be directed to your log-in window just enter your credentials, you’ll then be directed to a new window click on the blue “Create your first application now” link.
- You’ll be directed to a new window, type “PHP, MySQL” in the search field, and select the application shown below in the screenshot.
- You’ll be directed to a new window, in the public URL; type the name of the project/application name (e.g. Concrete5, MyBlog, etc.) in the first space and the domain name (it’s not your real domain name, just any identification name e.g. NickName, YourName) in the second space.
- Under the public URL, there’s the source code slot, just copy and paste the following link “https://github.com/nickmancol/c5-rhcloud.git”.
- Leave everything as it’s and click on “Create Application” tab at the end of the page.
- You shall be directed to a new window where you shall find all of your “MySQL” credentials.
- You’ll then be directed to the main window and it’s time to go to your ” website” and start the installation process, to do that simply click on the blue link at the top of the screen (that’s your URL).
- You’ll be directed to the “Concrete5” installation window, the first window is just checking the installation requirements, so just click on the blue “Continue to Installation” tab.
- You’ll be directed to a new window, where you should enter some information like “password, database username, database password”, you can get this information from step “7”.
- In that window, in which you should provide your database credentials, there’s a small trick; which is getting your database Host IP, the easiest way to do so is to return to your application and click on the small arrow at the phpMyAdmin tab.
- A new window will pop-up just copy the number shown in the below screenshot.
- Paste that number in the database host field in the Concrete5 installation, then fill in the rest of the information from your database credentials that you can find in your application, then click next.
- You’ll then be redirected to the home page of your Concrete5 website.
Congratulations, now you’ve a fully functional Concrete5 website for free running on OpenShift.