We’re all using one or more cloud storage service (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, etc.). These services varies in their storage capacity, bandwidth allocated and their accompanied services, and it’s very common that you’ve files on for example Google Drive and you want to transfer them to Dropbox or vice versa; the straight forward way to do so is to download the files from the first service to your device then re-upload it to the other service which is a waste of time, bandwidth and space.
This post will give you a step by step guide on how to sync files across various cloud services without the need to download and re-upload the file using MultCloud which is a free cloud service, and it’s available for (Google Drive, Amazon S3, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, SugarSync, WebDav and FTP).
- Go to MultCloud website and sign up for a free account.
- Verify your account and sign in and you’ll be prompted by the window below, click on the blue tab at the right entitled “Add cloud Drive”.
- You’ll be directed to a new window to select your first cloud storage; for the sake of this demonstration Google Drive will be selected.
- You’ll be directed to a new window just select “Add Google Drive Account”.
- You’ll be directed to the permissions window, just click on “Accept”.
- Now it’s time to add the second storage service that we want to sync (follow the same steps 3-5).
- After adding the two cloud storage services (dropbox and Google Drive in my case) to your account. You should have a window like the one below.
- Now, if you want to copy the “Apps” folder for example from Dropbox to Google drive, you simply right click on the folder and select “copy to from the menu”.
- A new window will pop up asking you where you want to copy the folder, I’ll select Google Drive (of course you select the service you want), then click the transfer tab.
- The progress bar will appear at the bottom right hand corner of the window, and it’ll take just minutes (of course that depends on the folder size) for the job to be completed. It’s worth noting that you’ve to keep the MultCloud website open during the transfer process.
Now you can enjoy the various cloud storage services and sync your data across them without worrying about downloading and re-uploading your files.