Bottom Line: The Leica X4 represents poor quality manufacturing and poor customer support.
In the first part of this series I’ve covered why we needed a laser meter, what we thought we needed in the laser meter and we ended up needed and used. I’ve covered to laser meter that we have bought and tested (Bosch GLM 50C, ADA Cosmos 150). In the second part of the series I’ve covered the Mileseey P7 I’ve also covered the pros and cons for each one and the ADA was the winning tool.
We wanted to know whether the manufacturer differs in the laser meter and whether there is really something like good laser and bad laser, so we decided to buy one of the best (or so we thought) laser meters on the market at the time the Leica X4, this one was easy the unit sopped working after 3 month.
I’ve contacted Leica thinking that they’re a reputable company and they’d help, unfortunately they’ve thrown us to their dealer who was extremely rude, not helpful and lack any type of professionalism.
We’ve tried contacting them via email and guess what, they don’t reply, we’ve emailed them the extremely rude and they didn’t even say the boiler plate “We don’t tolerate such behavior” no they’ve not even cared to reply.
We’ve asked for escalation and again nothing, I’ve contacted them via social media, they deleted my comments !
- Very easy to use.
- The display is very clear in direct sunlight.
- Very reliable in direct sunlight. We’ve reached more than 100 meters with it.
- Long battery life.
- Indirect measurement functions are available.
- The unit broke in under 6 months.
- If you use it with a conventional tripod and try to use indirect measurements you’ll get a wrong measurement/reading this error increases as you get closer to the object being measured.
- Most of options and features in the mobile app are paid.
This review is easy, avoid any Leica product by all possible means, they’re far from reputable, honorable or even quality company.
In the coming post I’ll review the new laser meter we’ve bought the Bosch GLM 120 C.
Update: Leica has reached out and changed the defective unit.